Customer Success Story: Unique Northwest Vacation Rentals
Published by OK2Charge on
About the Customer
MJ Boyle is the proud owner and manager of Unique Northwest Vacation Rentals, providing stunning options for weddings, vacations, and retreats throughout the northwest. Whether guests are looking for a place to stay for a special event or just an opportunity to escape from everyday life – their charming rentals accommodate everyone.
As more guests started expressing interest in electric vehicles, MJ recognized a trend and saw the opportunity to cater to eco-conscious visitors. To ensure seamless integration with her Property Management System, she needed an EV charging solution to meet her needs.
The three most critical features MJ was seeking in an EV charging solution were:
- The ability for guests to charge and go
- A customized platform tailored to her rentals’ payment process
- Hands-off functionality
1. Charge and go solution
- The charger needed to be located in a common parking area with lighting and two-way audio cameras
- Guests on a road trip needed use the recreation areas on her property
- Park area for kids
- Chairs and fire pit
- Access to hiking trails, yoga deck, and restroom
2. Customized platform tailored to her unique payment process
- Pay as you go - this was particularly important to MJ for charge and go customers
- Packages for longer term guests - sometimes MJ has guests who stay for longer periods, so she needed a package to meet their needs
- Free and granted status for MJ and employees - MJ and employees needed to charge their EVs for free!
3. Hands Off Functionality